The Parents’ Association (PA) would like to send a warm welcome to new parents who have joined the school in this academic year. The PA objectives are:
- To enhance the school experience for families by facilitating communication among parents, students, the School, the Board of Management, and the broader community
- To foster good relations between parents, teachers, students and the school authorities
All parents or legal guardians of students attending the school are automatically members of the school’s Parents’ Association. Every year, a new Parents’ Association Committee – consisting of parents and guardians – is elected at the AGM. The AGM is held within the first school term.
Upcoming PA Events
- PA AGM & Information Event – The Annual General Meeting followed by an event with Don Davis, Youth Officer, An Garda Síochána, Tuesday, 18th October @ 7.30 pm, Coláiste Pobail Bheanntraí
- Minding your Teenager’s Mental Health – Guest speakers with experience in working with young people around mental health issues, Tuesday, 22nd November @ 7.30 pm Coláiste Pobail Bheanntraí
We would also like to mention some resources which you might find interesting on the school website under the Parents’ Association Tab:
1. Hints & Tips for the new School Year
2. Drugs & Alcohol – Information & Guidance for Parents
3. School Bag Weight – Parents’ Association Guide
4. Handling Bullying – Guide for Parents
(In relation to No. 4, You might also want to check out the ISPCC Blue Shield Programme on the school website).
There is also a lot of useful information for you and your child elsewhere on the website.
Finally, details on how you can get involved with the PA are available on the PA section of the website.
2016/17 Committee of the Parents’ Association