There have been fantastic achievements by some of our school community members that are unrelated to school during the last number of weeks. We would like to acknowledge them here. As always if there is anything you would like added to this weekly post please contact a teacher or email email@example.com with “CPB in the Community” as the subject.
- Sheep’s Head Charity Tractor Run
On the 1st January 2023 a tractor run was held on the Sheep’s Head Peninsula, organised by Eoin O’ Mahony, his family, and supporting community.
The event was in aid of two important charities – Aoibheann’s Pink Tie and Breakthrough Cancer Research.
CPB student Eoin, who is currently undergoing treatment for cancer, had wanted to do a tractor run in order to support these two worthy causes. Aoibheann’s Pink Tie have supported Eoin and his family during his treatment in Dublin over the past 15 months.
The event was a huge success, with tractors, Lorries and vintage cars coming from all over Cork and County.
The community spirit around the event has been fantastic and the support on the day itself was something very special indeed. Thank you to everyone who helped and supported it.
The whole event so far to date has raised a staggering €75,000, and the page will continue to be open until 15th January if you still wish to donate. See idonate.ie/support sheep’s head charity tractor run fundraiser.
- Congratulations to Clodagh Downey who has been Selected on the Irish Womens under 16 Basketball team who will participate in the 4 Nations Championships in April Vs England, Scotland and Wales.
- Well done to First Year student Tom Conlon who has been selected on the Cork Under 14 Basketball team who will travel to an International Basketball tournament in Barcelona in June
- Well done to 3rd Year Student Oisín O’ Connor who made his Senior basketball debut for the Rebel Wheelers at the weekend in their National Cup semi final win over Southeast Swifts. Oisín and his team now go on to play Limerick Wheelers in the National Cup Final in Tallaght Stadium in two weeks time. Good luck Oisín
- Well done to 2nd Year Charlie Curran who was a member of the Ballincollig 3×3 Basketball team who won the U16 Cork County 3×3 Championships over Christmas beating teams from all over Munster.