Protect Children from Bullying –
The Shield aims to provide a unique response that will support, empower and equip the entire community to deal with the issue effectively.
The ISPCC Shield Campaign has a number of components which will help us to achieve our mission. Click on any of the links below to find out more about this element of the campaign.
- Ambassador Support – a national media campaign involving our celebrity Ambassadors to raise awareness of the issue of bullying, with new ambassadors to be announced at the launch!
- Anti-Bullying Awareness Month – we are inviting schools to hold their own Anti-Bullying week during the month of March to raise awareness of the issue of bullying
- National Day of Action – This year’s National Day of Action is on Friday March 7th and we are trying to recruit as many people as possible on this day to join us in standing up against bullying
- Shield Flag – an award scheme for “telling schools” whereby we will publically recognise the efforts of schools who are taking a positive proactive approach to bullying
- Shield Campaign Youth Award – a prestigious award open to Transition Year, CSPE and LCA students, which will find them competing in an “Apprentice Style” finale with Caroline Downey in an exclusive board room in the heart of Dublin’s financial district on Friday 9th May
- “Stand Up” – Bullying Report Tool – an innovative online based bullying reporting tool for schools
- Shield Social Media Kits & Phone Screensavers – help us spread our message by using one of our Shield Media Takeover Packs and custom designing your Facebook & Twitter pages with your favourite Shield Ambassadors!
- ‘Shield My School’ Programme – a self-assessment tool to combat bullying
- Online Bullying Support service – a live one-to-one text messaging support service for children and young people affected by bullying. By texting the word ‘Bully’ to 50101 a young person from anywhere in Ireland can avail of this free confidential service. This service is available from 10am – 10pm every day
- Follow-up supports – a suite of supports being offered to schools following the completion of the self-assessment toolkit
- ISPCC Shield – available for €2 nationwide to raise awareness and funds for our Anti-Bullying work.